The WAUFP (WA Universities' Foundation Program)
The WAUFP is an academic program designed for international students who do not have a strong English language background. Students are guaranteed entry into one of the four Western Australian public universities upon the successful completion of the program and fulfilment of the university’s entry requirements.
Students must study at least 3 subjects as well as English Language and Australian Cultural Studies (ELACS). ELACS is the only compulsory subject. It increases the students’ knowledge and understanding of Australian society and culture and further develops their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
Success in ELACS means that a student has met the English language requirement necessary for university entrance in WA. WAUFP graduates have gained entry to leading universities in Australia and worldwide.
Course Code 094026A
- Guaranteed entry into the top public universities in Western Australia: The University of Western Australia, Murdoch University, Curtin University and Edith Cowan University.*
- Enhanced focus on English language with modifications for English as an additional language/dialect (EaL/D) learners
- Modified examination papers suited for EaL/D learners
- Potential early entry to some universities
*On successful completion of WAUFP and fulfilment of university entry requirements.
Subjects offered for WAUFP are:
- ELACS (double subject)
- Psychology (ATAR)
- Chemistry (ATAR)
- Physics (ATAR)
- Human Biology (ATAR)
- Mathematics Methods (ATAR)
- Mathematics Applications (ATAR)
- Mathematics Specialist (ATAR)
- Accounting and Finance (ATAR)
- Business Management and Enterprise (ATAR)
The Standard Program is a two-semester course, commencing in February.
The WAUFP is recognised by many leading Australian universities in other states. According to information provided by the WAUFP provider colleges, students have successfully enrolled at the following universities:
- University of Western Australia
- Curtin University
- Murdoch University
- Edith Cowan University
- Bond University
- Griffith University
- Queensland University of Technology
- University of Central Queensland
- Deakin University
- La Trobe University
- Monash University
- Swinburne University of Technology
- RMIT University
- University of South Australia
- University of Adelaide
- Flinders University
Australian Capital Territory
- Australian National University
- University of Tasmania
- Charles Darwin University
New South Wales
- Charles Darwin University
According to information provided by the WAUFP providers, students have enrolled in universities in the following countries
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Students wishing to study at an interstate university should contact the university directly and check the admissions requirements.
Information quoted from the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) www.tisc.edu.au.