Accommodation Options

In keeping with the regulations of each student’s visa and the National Code, all students enrolled with ASC International are required to have a local carer and welfare holder. The following accommodation options are available:

If you live with a parent or a legal guardian while you are under the age of 18, they provide accommodation, support and welfare for you. You should also indicate this on your student visa application form.

If your parent or legal guardian is initially not living in Australia, you can also bring them to Australia. They can apply for a Student Guardian Visa

For more information on how to obtain this please visit

When you nominate a parent or legal guardian, the Department of Home Affairs, is responsible for approving this visa arrangement, not the ASC International.

The Department of Home Affairs considers the following relatives as appropriate carers:

  • Brother or sister
  • Step-brother or step-sister
  • Step-parent
  • Grandparent
  • Step-grandparent
  • Aunt or uncle
  • Step-aunt or step-uncle
  • Niece or nephew
  • Step-niece or step-nephew

Your parent or legal guardian will need to give their permission for this arrangement on your visa application form and your relative must be nominated through the form Nomination of a Student Guardian or a 157N form.

All relatives must be aged over 21 and eligible to stay in Australia until you turn 18 or your visa expires. They must also be of good character by providing a valid police clearance.

If your relative is initially not living in Australia, you can also bring them to Australia. Your relative must make an application to the Department of Home Affairs for an appropriate visa. They can apply for a Student Guardian visa. For more information on how to obtain this please visit

When you nominate a close relative, the Department of Home Affairs is responsible for approving this visa arrangement, not the ASC International.

ASCI works with Australian Homestay Network (AHN) to provide quality and caring homestay for our international students.  Living with a local, Australian family provides a wonderful immersive learning experience for students and hosts alike. Please note our Homestay program is not available to short-term immersion students. 

Student wellbeing is our priority, our Student Services Coordinator works closely with AHN to ensure students feel safe and supported. 

You are required to register your information in AHN database before ASC International can issue your CAAW (Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare) letter.

 AHN’s Homestay Program includes:

  • Host Background Checks- a Working with Children Check & National Police Clearance is required for every person over 18yrs of age living in the home.
  • A 24/7 Emergency Support Line- for students
  • Airport Pick Up Services-  must be requested and paid for in advance

Homestay Program Students are provided with:

  • An inclusive and supportive family environment
  • 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner), 7 days per week
  • Wifi  (for study purposes only)
  • A clean and tidy home
  • A private furnished bedroom with study desk
  • Bed linen and towels
  • Utilities (electricity, gas and water)
  • Laundry facilities
  • Ongoing welfare checks
Homestay Fees

Initial payment amount will be added to the student’s letter of offer which is emailed directly to the student’s family by the ASCI Admissions team at the enrolment stage. AHN will then send invoice to student’s family directly. 

To book your homestay, please kindly choose Homestay option on your application form. 


·    3 meals per day

·    Private room

·     Wifi    (for study purposes only)

·    Ongoing welfare checks

·    24/7 Emergency Support Centre

Host Matching Fee

Weekly Fee

Room Holding Fee

*If your child has a dietary requirement such as vegan, gluten free, halal or kosher then an extra fee is added to the Weekly Fee.

** Room Holding fees are payable when the student is not residing in
the home for longer than 7 consecutive days. This is usually when the students return home for holidays.


Parent Nominated hosts must register through our ASCI Homestay Program and demonstrate a long-standing relationship with the family.  Parent Nominated hosts will be required to undergo all the same accreditation processes as any other host family and agree to sign an ASC International Host Agreement.

Each family member in the home over 18 years of age is required to obtain Working with Children (WWC) and a National Police Criminal Screening Checks (NPC) prior to placement. Please contact Student Services for a WWC form as a section must be completed by our staff before it is submitted. Approximate costs for WWC is approximately $90 per person and NPC is $42 per person. A Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) letter cannot be issued until the Parent Nominated host’s application is finalised. To qualify as a Parent Nominated homestay the host must be an Australian citizen and over the age of 21.

To apply for a Parent Nominated Host arrangement, students and parents must complete the  Parent Nominated (PN) Host Application.  Parent Nominated Homestay arrangements will incur a yearly fee of $390 to cover initial inspection, host training and ongoing welfare support and monitoring of the placement.

IMPORTANT – Students who have been issued with a CAAW are required to advise ASC International of their holiday and weekend arrangements each term by completing the Request to Vary Welfare Arrangement Form. The student must complete and submit the Request to Vary Welfare Form at least two weeks in advance. Students cannot stay overnight anywhere without prior approval.